-->

Monday, 12 December 2011

Polyvore is a strange thing to call it

I'm having trouble committing to the posts I'm writing here. I open up a new Blogger tab with an idea in my head and then it changes and then it changes again and then I don't like any of them. I've changed the topic of this post three times already so fuck it, y'all are stuck with this one.

Just thought I'd share a few looks I've put together on Polyvore. You can find the Guts and Garters polyvore here. I'm still not sure how I feel about this website, but I've decided to give it another shot. If you've never used it before, it's basically an online scrapbooking tool that allows you to create collages using images you collect from around the web. I love it in theory, but I have an issue with creating amazing (IMHO) looks and then getting mad because I'll never obtain them... Anyway one of my favourite Wellywood shoe stores posted a competition today, asking you to create your ultimate party outfit including a pair of their shoes, and it made sense for me to use Polyvore to create my entry;


I never thought of myself as much of a shoe person but the last 6 months have shown me otherwise. I think it has something to do with the fact that, having studied garment construction, I can make most items of clothing I see and covet. But it's not quite as easy to go down to Spotlight and pick up the materials you need to make yourself a sweet pair of wedges. Woe is me.

Anyway, here are a couple of sets I made on Polyvore a year or so back;

Amazing tights are another thing I spend too much money on.
Modcloth never fails to inspire me.
Do you have a Polyvore? Link me to your favourite looks in the comments! 

On the topic of shoes I wish I had, here's a nice wee bit of shoe pr0n to spice up your evening. 



In other news, my flatmate Caitlin was nice enough to run around and take outfit photos with me this afternoon, so I'll be collating some of those into an outfit post for y'all in the next day or two. Here's one of them to keep you going (if you're following me on Facebook you've already seen it!)



Until then!

Candy

No comments:

Post a Comment